The Original Rite of the Passover
in the Light of the Literary Scheme
of the Book of Exodus 1–18
The Internet presentation of the main questions
dr Wojciech Kosek
This study in Polish was published here
in The Day of the Lord's Passover,
Good Friday, 10 April 2009.
The translation to English was made by the author
and was published here in
the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
8. December 2010.
to familiarize yourself with this online presentation of the basic questions leading to understand both the contemporary biblical exegesis (the scientific explanation of the Holy Bible) as well as the basic scheme on which the rite of the Jewish Passover was built.
Passing to each elaboration constituting this presentation can be made by you in one of two ways – I leave the choice to you:
- either by clicking on each link below in the table of contents and returning to it after having come to know the detailed elaboration of such a choice,
- or by clicking on the link below in the table of contents, and after it, already from the screen of the chosen elaboration, clicking on one of the two buttons in top left hand corner of the screen: “Prev” (i.e. the passage to the earlier elaboration in logical order) “Next” (i.e. the passage to the next elaboration in logical order).
Please take into account this significant information: in the presentation in several important places there are shown explanations of Hebrew words, written in a special font which must be installed by you on your computer. For more information about this topic – click: The installation of the Hebrew and Greek fonts.
I also invite You to read:
THE TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- The introduction:
- Rules of reading and scientific deepening of the Bible:
- Rules of Hebrew rhetoric (the composition of the texts) and Formgeschichte:
- The Hebrew Bible:
- Difficulties in interpreting the Book of Exodus:
- How read the Bible to read out the content written by the Author?
- The theocentric analysis of Exodus according to the rules of the Hebrew Rhetoric:
- The recollection of the question of the main character and literary structure
- The initial presentation of findings
- The literary structure of the two external pericopes 1,1–6,1 and 15,22–18,27
- Pericopes 1,1–6,1 and 5,22–18,27 as the rhetorical inclusion for Exo 1–18
- The Summary of the Analysis of the Book of Exodus 1,1–6,1 and 15,22–18,27
- The literary structure of the whole Exo 1–18:
- Exo 1–18 and covenant treaties of peoples of the ancient East
- The Jewish Passover and the structure of its rite
- The Passover ritual and the God's covenant with Israel